Gogo rezzed a bunch of platforms the other day and asked me to make a yardsale area with it. Being the anal person I am about space and the utilization of it, I thought:
1. Okay nobody’s going to traverse this whole thing unless there’s a reason, and
2. I don’t like the platform textures.
So I laid some additional stuff over it. Then I got a bright idea… let’s make everyone feel small when they visit. Very, very small.
I love this new area because when I cam around, I can’t help but view the Arcade carts set up there as anything but toys. Often when I play 3d games, I wonder about the scaling of the figures and how big they would actually be if they were measured with a real-world ruler. I have the sneaking suspicion that SL avatars are surprisingly small, like maybe only a few inches tall or something.
Many of these objects are climbable, or the bounding boxes allow you to get very high up to take pictures or enjoy the view. I left some the way they are for this reason (like the cupcake platform).
If you’re interested in rezzing in the new yardsale area, please contact either Juicy Littlething or myself. Juicy Littlething can get to you faster this weekend, I’ll be more available after Tuesday.
If you’re a Juicy tenant, you’re already given permission to rez on the platform.
Rules for the yardsale:
1. No hovertext whatsoever, or any packaging that’s distracting or ugly. We used to allow hovertext, but when a lot of items with it are bunched together, it’s god-awful. We will return items with hovertext so please don’t use it.
2. Don’t spam the area with a ton of items. I won’t enforce a prim limit, but do keep it under 25 if you can. If you need more, talk to us.
3. You can set out non-arcade stuff, but make sure it’s cute. No distracting, loud, or fullbright objects, please. If you can’t rez it at your store, you can’t rez it here either.
4. Do not rez your own store items at the gatcha area. That’s what your store is for. If we find your own gatchas in the yard sale area, they will be returned without question.
5. You can sell your items for as little or as much as you’d like.
I’m looking forward to people taking pictures in the new area! Leave a comment with yours if you take one. Thanks!