“Why do you use the term ‘we’?”
In relation to my SL store, if I make a post, I’m using a formal tone on behalf of the store itself. I use “we” then, to sound more professional. The more detached you are sometimes when you’re relating to your customers about products, the more the customer is able to relate to the product itself–you’re taking yourself out of the equation as the designer. It’s less personal that way.
In relation to my rl company, it’s an LLC partnership and so I’m not the only owner. ”We” is literally used to refer to myself and my co-founder.
I’ve been pretty misunderstood in this term because people think I’ve been speaking about myself in the third person this whole time, as if I’m arrogant or have a superiority complex. Someone even thought I was schizophrenic once (seriously, check my company website before you make that accusation, okay?). That couldn’t be farther from the truth.
Hi! This week there was a delay in getting portrait work done due to a personal emergency. As of today, we’re back to work. Thanks for waiting.
This portrait is for Sorcha! I drew her into a scene in the movie “Labyrinth” with Bowie opposite of her. I totally had a cool step-by-step video of this, but for some reason, ManyCam recorded it all blurry and stuff. Heart? Broken.
If you’d like a portrait, you can sign up for the waiting list here.
Gift done for Gogo. This one turned out waaaay better than the last pic, lol.
I think this new method of inking for my pictures is working well, so I’m going to keep it.
If you’d like a commission done, you can get on the waiting list here.
Commission for Natalee Oodles, who wanted to look like Belle!
I’m pretty pleased with the background, it looks like a real painting.
- I started going through my waitlist. The second person on the list should be contacted tomorrow.
- I attended a comic convention this past week. It was worth everything I’ve worked towards, completely worth it. Was also cool seeing media names just chilling and hanging out with them after all of the visitors left. The after party was AMAZING.
- I probably need a distributor now… self-publishing was fun but we need to get picked up by at least a small label with some clout to help with numbers.
- The Loud Mouth lipstick is doing well so I’ll start on some new packs this week.
- Anime convention this week, a whole new beast for me to experience and deal with. That’s my last convention for the year. Most people lay low afterwards and don’t do cons again til Feb.
So it’s back to normal life and painting for now!
The book is done! It’s sitting on a few bookshelves in Michigan. Now I get to do the typical author thing of scheduling a bunch of readings to spread awareness.
I had a lot of fun publishing this book and while I’d like to say it’s all over, I know I’ll actually just take a two month break and begin work again and December. Yeah… it gets addictive.